Hey guys! Guess who finally got around to launching her blog? *victory dance. So i was contemplating on what to write for my first blog post and i thought what better way to start than to share random facts about me. I also decided to write a 2 in 1 blog post so i added a restaurant review of Brass & Copper.
so let’s get straight to it. shall we?
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1. Family. I’m the second in a family of five children. I have two brothers and two sisters.
2. I was born and raised in delta state. I came to Lagos in 2016 for NYSC and ended up staying afterwards.
3. I don’t like seafood. This is probably because i didn’t eat a lot of it growing up in warri, but it just tastes awful to me.
4. My shoe size is 40 or a size 9. Shoe shopping is always a struggle because it’s difficult to find shoes in my size. Almost all the cute ones seem to be in smaller sizes. And for us girls with big feet, the fear of online shopping is the beginning of wisdom.
5. I don’t have a favorite color. My favorite color changes every few months. Right now its rose gold.
6. I’m a K-drama addict. It all started in my 200 level when I watched Hana Yori Dango (the Japanese version of Boys Over Flowers) it was circulating around my hostel at the time. It was something interesting and different and I was intrigued. So I went on the internet looking for something similar, found the Korean version and that was it!
Presently, I think i have seen over 50 Korean dramas. I can speak and understand the language to an extent (are you shaking your head for me? I’m not sorry LOL!)
7. I’m a music addict. Any body that knows me, knows i almost always have my ears plugged in…I don’t like quiet. I listen to rap, indie, r’n’b, hip-hop, country, alternative etc but my favorite genre is pop. i particularly like songs that tell a story, that’s probably why I like Taylor swift so much.
8. I don’t know how to ride a bicycle. Well in my defense, I never got one growing up. Also, I wasn’t really allowed to mingle with other kids outside of school, so I never learnt how to ride one.
9. Not a foodie. People mistake me for one because i go out to eat often but it has more to do with the ambience than the food for me.
10. I was bullied in primary school. I literally had the seatmate from hell and i dreaded going to school everyday. i never told anyone about it till now.
11. Blogger Fever. I’ve been wanting to start a blog for the longest time, i just didn’t have the confidence to do it. Writing is not my strong suit and tbh i didn’t think anyone would be interested in reading my blog. But I’ve gotten to a place where I’ve started to care less about what people think and just doing what makes me happy.
Hope you enjoyed reading these random facts about me?! Is there any one you can relate to?
RESTUARANT REVIEW : BRASS AND COPPER
Its located at No 1 Olubunmi Owa Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
If you appreciate good aesthetics, you definitely won’t be disappointed. From the Lights, salt and pepper shakes, art frames, AC etc the attention to detail is clear as the owners incorporated brass and copper into these pieces.
It kind of felt like i was in a modern version of ‘pops diner’ lol
For drinks, we both ordered the Tutti Fruity. it came in the cutest parrot cups and tasted so goood. I usually find mocktails boring but i really enjoyed this.
I left my house with the intention of ordering something different and pretty for the ‘gram *winks but when i got there, a girl was starving! Being a picky eater, i didn’t want to risk ordering something i wouldn’t have been able to eat, so i chickened out and opted for something safe.
Hence, i ordered the Jacky Rice and Goat Stew (Basmati rice with peppered goat stew, plantain and egg). Thonia on the other hand ordered the Smokehouse Delight (Nigerian style jollof rice with smoked chicken stew and plantain).
My dish was delicious. The portion size was pretty decent too.
A section of brass and copper’s menu
The customer service is excellent. A nice waiter called Anthony served us. He was polite and had a smile on his face the whole time. The manager even came out to say hi and took us some pictures.
I’ve heard complaints about them taking a long time to deliver meals but we were too busy taking pictures to notice.
Tuitti Fruity – 2000
Jacky Rice and Goat Stew – 5000
Smokehouse Delight – 4000
And that’s all for the review guys! Have you visited Brass And Copper before and what was your experience? If you haven’t, will you be visiting soon? Let me know on the comment section below.
Two Piece Kimono set – @chroniclesoftej on instagram
Belt – @marianclothing_ng on instagram
Shoes – @matancollectible66 on instagram
Thanks for stopping by!